In January many of us resolve to make changes in our lives – perhaps losing weight, exercising more or taking up a hobby. Why not make a resolution for Alhambra – to do one new thing that makes Alhambra a better place to live? Here at Alhambra Preservation Group, we challenge you to do just that in 2016. We think you’ll be glad you did. Here are just a few ideas:
1. Meet A New Neighbor. Between work and family life, we’re all busy 24/7, but how about making the commitment to introduce yourself to just one new person who lives on your street?
2. Attend one City meeting. There are many to choose from: City Council, Parks and Recreation and Design Review Board are just a few of the governing bodies that meet regularly each month. For a full schedule of the municipal meetings taking place, visit the City of Alhambra’s website. It’s interesting to see your city government at work and it’s always a good idea to get involved in what’s happening in your community.
3. Sign Up for Next Door. This online platform connects people in your neighborhood and nearby communities. It’s a great way to find out about yard sales, lost pets and any issue of concern to your neighbors.
4. Learn One Fact About Historic Preservation. APG has a complete set of digital educational flyers that explore the myths and facts surrounding historic preservation. Why not read one and share it with a neighbor?
5. Join APG or Talk To A Neighbor About APG. If you haven’t done so already, we’d love to have you on board. For just $25/year, you’ll get invites to all of Alhambra Preservation Group’s events, a quarterly e-newsletter full of interesting and timely news and receive a annual resource guide, which is a listing of home improvement contractors and vendors throughout Southern California. We encourage you to join us!
To make this challenge a bit more fun, we’re featuring a contest. Those who pledge to #DoOneNewThing for Alhambra will be entered into a contest to win one of three pairs of tickets to a MUSE/IQUE spring concert entitled VOICES/RISING. The concert will take place at the historic Granada LA (the former Los Angeles Gas and Light Corporation Building located at 17 South 1st Street in Alhambra) at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 3, 2016. There are three ways to enter. Choose the one that’s easiest for you!
- Write your pledge to #DoOneNewThing in the comments section below, or
- Post your pledge on APG’s Facebook page using the hashtag #DoOneNewThing in your post, or
- Send us your pledge in an e-mail at email@example.com
The deadline for pledging to #DoOneNewThing for Alhambra and being entered into the contest is midnight on Monday, February 15, 2016. Three winners will be selected randomly and we’ll announce the winners on Facebook by the end of February. Good luck everyone!
Photo courtesy of Alhambra Preservation Group.